Bone Density Measurement System
The innovative Bone Density Measurement System was added to the ANASSA equipment in the form of the modern DEXA technology (Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry), which was manufactured by HOLOGIC and suitable for performing examinations with precision in all types of patients, regardless of age and body shape.
The system features state-of-the-art high-resolution technology, with the fastest images and low-dose elements for the patient and operator.
In addition, the incorporation of a new calibration system (for bones and tissues) at the pixel level ensures a high-quality image, measurement accuracy and repeatability over time, making it possible to monitor disease progression.
• It features the latest digital technology 64 multi-channel detectors ensuring receipt of the highest amount of data and optimum accuracy of results
• Clearer and focused (unscattered) radiation
• Optimal separation between soft tissues and bones
• Powerful beam, capable of penetrating large patients without increasing examination time
The following protocols can be implemented:
• Lumbar spine protocol
• Hip examination protocol
• Dual hip examination protocol
• Whole body bone density measurement protocol
• Forearm examination protocol
• Ability to compare images with previous scans, providing control of the patient’s progress during repetitive scans
• Pediatric protocol which involves the examination of the pediatric hip, lumbar and whole body scan
In addition, the quantitative analysis of body fat composition protocol (fat – muscle percentage) is performed. It is performed via the whole body measurement protocol without the need for further scanning and provides high-precision results. Color imaging of areas of fat, muscle mass, bone mass as well as high-precision whole-body results and user-defined sub-regions are provided, both in percentage and in absolute numeric values.