Bone Density Measurement System
The Bone Density Test is a modern DEXA technology (Dual-energy X- ray absorptiometry) Measurement System that was added to the ANASSA’s equipment. Manufactured by HOLOGIC, it is suitable for performing examinations with precision to all patients, regardless of age and body shape.
The system features state-of-the-art high-resolution technology, with fast imaging and low-dose elements for the safety of both patient and the operator.
Additionally, the incorporation of a new calibration system (for bones and tissues) at pixel level ensures high-quality image, measurement accuracy and repetition over time, making it possible to monitor the progression and level of disease.
• Features the latest digital technology of 64 multi-channel detectors ensuring the highest amount of data and optimum accuracy of results
• Clear and focused (unscattered) radiation
• Optimal separation between soft tissues and bones
• Powerful beam, capable of penetrating over weight patients without increasing the time of examination
The following protocols can be implemented:
• Lumbar spine
• Hip examination
• Dual hip examination
• Whole body bone density measurement
• Forearm examination
• Ability to compare images of previous scans, providing control of the patient’s progress of malformations during repetitive scans
•Pediatric protocol which involves the examination of pediatric hip, lumbar and whole body scan
Moreover, quantitative analysis of body’s fat composition (fat – muscle percentage) is performed. This examination is performed via the whole body measurement protocol without the need for further scanning whilst provides high-precision results. Color imaging of areas of fat, muscle mass, bone mass as well as high-precision whole-body results and user-defined sub-regions are provided. Both are represented in percentage and in absolute numeric values.